Monday 6 April 2015

ESCAPADE OR IT'S WORTH DOING?


It was a reality. I was getting 2 backlogs at the end of the final exam of final year. But the concern at the moment wasn’t the engineering journey, but the journey ahead. The time to face the ‘real world’ as they call it. I had time to convince my parents till the results were out. Because once they come to know that I got backlogs, there is no way that they will allow me to do what I really want to do.

I was so afraid of facing them and speaking my mind. I never did anything which will show my misbehavior, not even a complaint from schoolteachers. And I was going to ask them for the permission to let me take risks, let me follow my dreams. That was the most important decision for my whole family. It was going to shape my destiny. I never asked them or did anything different like this, so they were never expecting anything like this. My job was so tough. To get them who believed in doing things in conventional, orthodox ways, to support me in my unconventional and unorthodox endeavor.

The belief system is very difficult to change. In additional to that, they are experienced, they know the world better than me, and how I was going to ask them to allow me to do something which is impractical in their eyes. One thing was clear to me; I was not going to do anything behind their backs. Because, if the find out from external source, then their determination to get me do what they want me to do will be stronger than my will to do what I want me to do.

I needed to find ways to convince them and make them believe that it was possible. No matter how difficult it is, it’s possible. Impossible things have been done by people who are not smarter than me or better than me, but by those who stood for what they believe in. So I started finding ways to convince them. I gathered a lot of facts to support my will, wrote every point down in a book to present when the time comes. Facts like, how fast the world is changing and why it needs new idea, the knowledge doubling curve, I was solving people’s problems through their smiles, so why this is never ending business, as no one is perfect and everyone some kind of problems in their lives, why doing business in India is a great idea, because it has huge population, in 21st century, the risk free employment does not exist, even there is a risk in doing job in MNC, and many more. I tried to make it more practical to explain them in their way.


I read books on how to influence people, how to make them believe in my idea and how to do it without hurting anyone. But, the execution makes the difference. I was afraid like hell. Actually, my biggest fear was how my father will react? Will he think of it as an escapade which I think is worh taking chance. I am scared of him from the childhood. He is short tempered. I am more close to my mother. She is kind and cool minded. Yes, I was going to have an uncomfortable discussion from my point of view and an unconventional discussion from their point of view. I was fully prepared and waiting to confront, gathering courage to speak what’s inside which will shape my destiny.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is also a part of Ultimate Blog Challenge and A to Z Challenge
Today's letter is 'E'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To know more about yourself from your smile, send me photo of your smile. I respect your privacy, so I assure you that your identity will not be revealed anywhere. And this service is absolutely free!!
Email Id. - iwantsmileforme@gmail.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment