Thursday 16 April 2015

NON-CONFORMITY - THE PRICE OF BEING DIFFERENT


I always wanted to do something different, something that will make me unique. I didn’t know what it will be? But only thought that occupied my mind from the childhood was what makes me, ‘me’? What I can do, anybody can do that. There has to be something for which only mine. I never knew what it will be, but in subconscious mind, the thought was there. And, I am blessed to have something unique. I got it. I also came to know that it has to be shared to benefit others. The purpose of having some unique gifts is to benefit human kind. It should not be restricted to us; but everyone should make the most of it. I have a purpose to live for, dedicate my life for. It is unique and different. I think differently, I look at the world differently. Actually, I look at it from my own point of view and because everyone is different, what I see automatically becomes different. Everyone can do that.

But the most difficult part of being different, unique or going against the flow is the struggle for acceptance of the idea by people. You know that the non-conformist idea and beliefs will surely helpful for others to their lives better, to make this world better; but the question is, whether people will believe you or not. It doesn’t get accepted easily because those ideas flow against the current. So people avoid trying new or different things that challenge the convention. That’s where the struggle lies. The revolutionary idea is useless if people are not using it for their benefit. The idea is revolutionary doesn’t matter at that phase, selling the idea matters. As George Bernard Shaw said, “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man,” but the progress takes place when those non-conformists are able to sell the idea.

Being a non-conformist is fascinating to conformist people, but they fail to understand the struggle behind it. The struggle starts from home itself. The rejections start from home itself. Our parents do not support it. When we are exhausted rebelling against our parents, the whole new level of struggle starts when we try the non-conformist ideas to the world. We can’t rebel against it because we are too exhausted. In addition to that, the world doesn’t care about the struggle; it only cares about how it will be benefited from it. In the process, we get too lonely. We have to accept the fact that we have to believe in ourselves when no one does. And, it hurts. The loneliness is favorable in the process of creating something different, it is a great source of creativity; but not in the process of struggle to get acceptance from the world. Flowing against the current is difficult, but flowing with it is lethal. So, the beauty of the struggle is that we get to live the life that is uniquely ours, not somebody else’s.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is also a part of Ultimate Blog Challenge and A to Z Challenge
Today's letter is 'N'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To know more about yourself from your smile, send me photo of your smile. I respect your privacy, so I assure you that your identity will not be revealed anywhere. And this service is absolutely free!!
Email Id. - iwantsmileforme@gmail.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Image courtesy of Master isolated images at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment