Thursday 9 April 2015

HALT - THE SUDDEN STOP BEFORE START


I had 4 months to test the idea. I was so excited that I couldn’t decide from where should I start? I decide to have a team with me to do the various tasks which I was not good at. They can also give me some new ideas about how to run this business. I started recollecting any special incidences from college. I thought that it will be helpful if I present this idea to my friends and take help from them. Some of my friends believed in my idea and were ready to help. Forming a team will help me making up for my weaknesses and together, we achieve more. I started getting in touch with them and asked them about how will they contribute in this if they decide to?

In that week, only after seven days of permission from parents, the results were announced. I knew I was getting two backlogs, but I got 4 backlogs. I was shocked and frightened. I couldn’t believe that. The more difficult task was to tell parents about it. I had to come clean. But, with this result, I couldn’t imagine their reaction. So, I first told my mother. She was also shocked. I didn’t have guts to tell my father. My mother sent me to bring something from market and in the meantime, she told my father about the result. When I came back, he didn’t react. But I realized that he knew.

I realized at that moment that my dream was in danger. He might order me to stop what I wanted to do and concentrate on clearing those subjects. Who gets 4 backlogs in final year? I must be crazy! What was I thinking at the time of papers? The distraction at the time of preparation leave affected me extremely. I knew he was outrageous, but wasn’t reacting. In the end, after the dinner, he confronted me. I had no excuse. I had to follow whatever he will ask me to do, because I made a big mistake at the crucial point of time in my life.

He ordered me to stop everything I was doing and wanted to do and focus on studies to pass all subjects in the next exam. I had no option than stopping what I was doing and do as he said. I felt that I will never be able to live my dream, because the consequences can be brutal. He actually used the word ‘Timepass’ for my business idea. I came to know that he didn’t want to give me those 4 months, but he allowed just for the sake of allowing. I was uncertain about my future of this business. It didn’t even start and it came to halt. Yes, things don’t go the way we planned, we have to improvise. But, I had no idea that I had to improvise this earlier in the journey. Truth to be told, I didn’t have to improvise, I had to stop what I was doing and do as per my parents were saying. I was mad at myself thinking how I can be so naïve that I didn’t prioritize. How can I be so irresponsible? What will I do when I will get into business? This nature is not good for business. It won’t survive longer. I didn’t realize this at that time because everything seems so fascinating. I could realize what will be the consequences of my choices.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is also a part of Ultimate Blog Challenge and A to Z Challenge
Today's letter is 'H'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To know more about yourself from your smile, send me photo of your smile. I respect your privacy, so I assure you that your identity will not be revealed anywhere. And this service is absolutely free!!
Email Id. - iwantsmileforme@gmail.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment