Wednesday 1 April 2015

AHA MOMENT - HOW I GOT THE UNIQUE BUSINESS IDEA


It was 31st March, 2014. In the night, I went to sleep as usual. But, I wasn’t able to sleep because I slept in the afternoon. I was just lying on bed. Before the sleep and after waking up, our mind is calm and still. That is the time when we think about ourselves the most. That is the time for reflection. I was in final year of engineering. The only question in my mind was what to do after engineering. I chose engineering thinking that I’ll have a secured job and stable life, but I didn’t want to build a career in that because it does not articulate my inner feelings and aspirations.

I have been researching on how smile is related to human nature from 5 years. I wanted to do something related to that which will give me purpose as well as money. I had searching for an answer to question ‘what to do’ from 8-10 months. This field does not exist yet. No one knows about how it works, actually no one knew that something like this even exist. I had unique and different skill, but the knowledge without application is useless.

As I was just lying on bed, I was contemplating about what was happening in my life. The thought were centered to only one thing: Smile. I watched an inspirational video of an entrepreneur, D. S. Kulkarni, before going to bed. He said that he felt no shame while doing any kind of work, no matter how small it might be. I tried to relate that to my life. What was my work? Just researching and feeding my curiosity? Then how will I survive on it? And I don’t want to do work in engineering field.

Thinking about work and smile, from nowhere, an incident came to my mind when I explained my friend, how smile is related to his nature and how relationship problems can be solved using my theory. He had a break-up and I helped him get over that girl using my research. It happened six months ago. And it occurred to me, what if I do the same with people and get paid for it. That means I’ll do what I always wanted to do and make money. I’ll become a consultant, an entrepreneur and add value to people’s lives through my business. Wow! That makes me unique as well. I was wondering that why it didn’t occur to me before. I consulted him six months ago, I had an idea stored in my mind for those days, but it never occurred. I started thinking about the services I can provide through smile and my research, fantasizing interactions with clients and feeling happy for adding value to their lives. I was like a kid who got a bicycle as a surprise gift from his parents. He couldn’t believe that he was having his own bicycle and lost in fantasies.

I saw the timing in mobile. It was 4:55am. I was still awake. I couldn’t believe that I was going to have my own business. Seriously?! The feeling was so overwhelming that all the attempts to fall asleep failed due to excitement. I didn’t realize when I slept that night. The next day was never going to the same. Actually my life was not going to be the same again.

For this whole month, I’ll be sharing some important moments of my one year journey with you with no filtering, same as it happened. In addition to that, I’ll be sharing some insights in every post which I learnt along the journey that will help you in your life and business.

Some insights from this incidence:

1. Whatever we need is within us. No need to waste time searching for it outside.

2. We will get the answers, if we keep looking without loosing hope.

3. Two things that are in abundance in our mind: Ideas & Dreams.

4. We become the most powerful when we listen to our intuitions and decide to follow them.

Share your AHA moment in comments...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is also a part of Ultimate Blog Challenge and A to Z Challenge. Today's letter is 'A'.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To know more about yourself from your smile, send me photo of your smile. I respect your privacy, so I assure you that your identity will not be revealed anywhere. And this service is absolutely free!!
Email Id. iwantsmileforme@gmail.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

2 comments:

  1. I think we have similar feelings about life.

    AtoZ Solid Happiness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High Five..!!
      I liked your blog very much. You are sharing awesome quote & inspirational stuff..!!

      Delete