Saturday 11 April 2015

JUSTIFY - THE FALLACIOUS USE OF MIND


When the mind’s great ability, to reason, is used erroneously; the repercussions are unthinkable. When this way of thinking becomes habit, the great things are beyond our grasp. This happens when we don’t find anything worthy, so we try to avoid it by giving excuses or unnecessary justifications to prove that we are right. Sometimes, we justify our fears by giving excuses for not doing the work that should be done at any cost. That does not mean we should use another ability to justify our inabilities. This is what I was doing when I made a mistake and I couldn’t take a stand for myself because the odds were against me. The life didn’t knock me down; I knocked myself down by my own hands. Life wasn’t unfair to me; I was irresponsible.

I was literally discovering boredom in those days. I was not allowed to do anything about making a dream into a reality. Because I got 4 backlogs and my parents thought that my dream was the reason for my distraction. They were right. It was the reason for my pathetic result. My mind was so creative at that time. When I had to study and clear those backlogs, it was busy in creating excuses for my irresponsible choice of focusing on things that didn’t matter at that time over the things that was important at that time.

I used to think that they should not form an opinion about me based on the university mark sheet. The great ones had failed in schools and colleges, yet they were able to achieve something huge, beyond imagination. I can also do that. Why were they taking it so seriously? These sheets can’t decide my future. I create it, not the university. Three college drop-outs are now the most important people in the field of technology and they are self-made billionaires. I was not thinking about dropping out from college, I just wanted to do what I love. Why this sheet of papers will decide my fate?


Actually, they didn’t have problem with my result; they had problem with my irresponsible nature. They were ready to give me four months assuming that I had graduated from college. But still, I was busy in finding the justifications for what I had done. It was of no use. It was waste of creativity, use of mind for wrong purpose. It took me away from the right path. The habit of giving justifications is so harmful to man’s character. It yields nothing, but takes deep down to the place of misery.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post is also a part of Ultimate Blog Challenge and A to Z Challenge
Today's letter is 'J'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To know more about yourself from your smile, send me photo of your smile. I respect your privacy, so I assure you that your identity will not be revealed anywhere. And this service is absolutely free!!
Email Id. - iwantsmileforme@gmail.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment